Can you define “Forgiveness”?
Once a little boy described Forgiveness as follows to his parents:
“It is the fruit that a tree gives you when you hit it with a stone”.
What a wonderful definition!
That boy’s reply explains the essence of it all in such a simple way. You can’t provide a better example or answer for it.
Forgiveness is to love a person in spite of his vile nature and weak points. It is offering love and care in spite of receiving pain or abuse from him.
It is just like a mother loving her child and the tree giving the fruit in spite of bad treatment.
There are many advantages and plus points of Forgiveness.
- Forgiveness provides you peace of mind. Otherwise, you will be always in tension as you get engaged in disturbing thoughts about the people around you. If you forgive the person, you can move on smoothly. Similarly, the forgiven person can also feel relaxed and get adjusted himself.
- Forgiveness can aid the person that gets forgiven to realize his mistakes and to repent for his vile acts. Thereby, he can build his moral character by reforming himself.
- Forgiveness reduces violence and tension. When you are not reacting violently to a wicked act, the doer of that act naturally gets cool and soft in his deeds and tries to wonder why his opponent is not attacking him. So, it gives him time to think and become soft. That way, violence gets reduced and he may correct himself and get his problem solved through mutual talk. It is just like Mahatma Gandhi offering his other cheek when slapped on one of his cheeks. Immediately the person refrains himself and comes to dialogue and mutual negotiation.
- And, there is this last one. God forgives you and likes you more when you forgive others.
Here are some wonderful tips for success in life drawn from Goutham Buddha’s teachings.
Gautham Buddha was a great spiritually enlightened soul. He meditated for many years under a pipal tree to find the purpose of life and the solutions for misery in life. He came out from that meditation after attaining some wonderful enlightenment to all those haunting problems of life.
He stressed the need for acquiring wisdom through listening to other seers and people around you. Each one is gifted with some wisdom or other. So, you can learn many things by listening to others.
After gathering some knowledge or information from others, you need to think about it again and again to digest the essence of it. Then only you can become acquainted with that subject.
Goutham Buddha further established that meditation and prayer are very helpful in gaining good knowledge as you will be directly in contact with nature and your mind during that process. Mental peace and utmost devotion are essential for gaining wisdom.
He further emphasized not losing Hope at any cost. You should be enduring and keep on trying the struggles of life never thinking of quitting.
There are many other points he highlighted through his teachings. But, I am selecting these six life building tips in the bulleted format.
- Before you express your feelings, Listen to others.
- Before you put in writing, Think over it.
- Before you preach, practice it.
- Before you quit in your endeavors, try again.
- Before you spend anything, you need to earn.
- Before you think of Death, try to Live.
Today, I received the accolade from WP for being at this wonderful site for the last 5 years. I couldn’t believe it. Time lapsed so quickly.
I went to check whether their statement is true. I found out that I am really here since 30/06/2013.
I started my blog here with a post on a very simple known fact that “Earth Revolves Around the Sun” published on 30/06/2013.
Then followed my very serious post about a tragic event in my life: My wife’s Death. I told in that post how our life is uncertain and how everything ends in a blink of a second.
If you are interested, you can read it here: Death is a Stealthy Attacker
And, thank you all for being with me through these wonderful years of journey.
We celebrated the 4th International Yoga Day yesterday. Many events were organized in different parts of the world to practice Yoga on this day. One gathering at Kota in Rajasthan registered a thumping participation of 105,000 people creating a Guinness record of performing yoga at a single platform in a single day.
But, Yoga is not for a simple display of events. It should be a part of your life. Regular performance of yoga or fitness exercise is good for one’s health.
You need not indulge in rigid formats of it. Choose some simple exercises for the movements and motion of your limbs and the complete body.
Some simple exercises are:
- Moving your neck left and right, and, up and down rhythmically.
- Stretching your arms sideways and up and down just like it used to be taught in primary schools.
- Jumping while stretching the arms is also good.
- Bending your body without bending your legs and touching the tips of your feet. This can be done both front and to your sideways also. When bending towards the front, you will keep your legs in attention position. When doing it sideways, you shall keep your legs in the stand-at-ease position.
- If you can do it, you can try to bend towards your back also. But is very hard and risky. So, I do not advise it.
- Lay on your stomach and lift your head forward along with your entire body, balancing your weight on your hands and toes. You will stretch forward slowly and bring your front portion up keeping the backside lower. Then again, slowly bring back your back body up keeping your front portion lower. You will not be touching the floor except with your hands and toes while doing the entire process.
The above are some of those simple exercises for your body to keep yourself fit always. Do each exercise for 5 times before proceeding to the next one.
Wish you all a Healthy Life.
Happiness is the inner feeling in our hearts that keeps us in a pleasant and joyful mood.
It has no monetary value. It’s par all material enjoyments.
Most people generally believe that material success brings them happiness. Happiness, for most of them, means having a good job or business, living in a comfortable house, possessing all comforts of life.
But, it is not so. Even after possessing all the wealth and other comforts or luxuries of life, one may not find happiness in his life. All that can only lead to a more complicated and worrysome life. You are always worried of your position and assets of life. You can’t live as you wish. You always feel compeled to act in a restricted way to maintain your position and everything. So, that can’t provide you a happy life.
On the other hand, even a poor man dwelling on the pavement can feel vey happy in his life because he is free to live under the sky enjoying the fresh air and consuming whatever he gets from the nature and from the generous people around there. He has nothing to worry for in his life. So, he lives the most satisfied life if he keeps away from other distracting factors.
So, we are able to see that Happiness is not a result of wealth and material possessions. It is the result of one’s own satisfaction and joyful mentality.
Let us all try to refrain ourselves from running after those material possessions of life and be content with whatever is enough for our real existence on this earth.
Let us all aim at that simple, blissful Happiness as our goal of life.