This is one of the famous Indian food dish available in almost all restaurants and is a continental cuisine. Known as ‘aloo paratha’, this is widely eaten for breakfast and even in place of meals. Aloo paratha is a filled in recipe with cooked potatoes filled inside the oil baked wheat rotis.
- Cook the potatoes in a cooker and remove the skins after cooling.
- Spice up the potato mash by frying minced pieces of onions, a little bit ginger, green chilly, pepper powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder in a pan with a little bit of oil and mix the potato mash into it. Add some coriander leaves and minced green onion leaves or garlic leaves to make it superb.
- Now, prepare the wheat flour dough and make small balls of it to be rolled on a wooden or steel board to flatten and spread the balls into rotis of big size. You need to make larger balls than normally used in preparing ordinary rotis.
- Now, put the mixture of potato mash in the center of the flattened roti and fold it all sides and again roll it with the roller stick to flatten into a round shape. Take care that the potato mixture does not pop up while rolling it.
- Heat a plain, flat pan and bake the filled paratha on it spreading a little oil on the pan. Bake both sides applying oil again. It needs only a little bit of oil to bake it.
- The baked paratha will be brownish or lightly reddish on both sides as shown in the image.
- Prepare as many parathas as required in this way and serve them hot with sauce or jam. You can eat without any sauce or jam also as it is already spiced up.
This post is in response to the tasty thursdays weekly blogging event sponsored by Razel. You can view the posts of all participants on her blog at this link.