A good flavoured, tasty breakfast is all that you would like at the start of a new delightful day to keep yourself in good mood throughout the day.
And here is a spicy and healthy breakfast that can make your day.
It is known as “pesarattu” in Southern India, prepared from green grams (mung bean). It may be also referred to as ‘mung bean dosa’.
It is available in most of the South Indian hotels at early morning and at evening times also as snacks. You can prepare it at home very easily.
- Soak moong bean for 12 hours in water. (you may soak it in the evening and prepare it next morning).
- Wash the mung and put it into your grinding jar of the mixie.
- Add salt, green chillies and ginger according to your likes to spice up the recipe.
- Then, grind it adding water until it becomes soft paste.
- Now, heat the pan (take the flat surfaced pan preferably non-stick pan).
- Add one spoon oil to the heated pan and spread the mung bean paste on it with a ladle to make a round shaped recipe as in the above image.
- Fry the recipe till it becomes brownish in colour and turn it to the other side and again fry for some seconds. You may sprinkle some more oil around it to prevent from burning. The other side should not become brownish. It will remain green.
- Now, your “pesarattu” (mung bean dosa) is ready for eating.
- Serve it hot and along with some chutney or any side dish as per your tastes. Some people eat it with honey or sugar also.
- In the restaurants, it is served along with another dish known as upma. It is treated as best combination for breakfast by many people. But, I prefer simple pesarattu without combing it with upma and even I do not need any chutney,etc. along with it.
This recipe is posted in response to the tasty thursdays blog event for this week.