I was watching a movie titled “PINK” yesterday.
It is a great movie dealing with one of the most serious social issues being encountered in our daily lives by women. It needs to be watched by all our younger generation (and older too) who indulge in their enjoyment without any iota of concern for the other person that gets affected by it. It imparts a very good lesson to one and all.
The movie clearly reminds you of the fact that men and women are equal in all respects and there should be no distinction as to their dignity and respect in society. It further asserts that both of them enjoy the same degree of “freedom of choice” in their decisions. The judgments and the final verdict convey to one and all the basic fact that a “No” is always a “No” and it doesn’t mean otherwise.
Even though I appreciate the story and the entire plot of it all, I personally feel that a person should be ever loyal to his partner throughout his/her entire life. That is the healthiest and happiest way of leading your life.
Our mind is a clutter of thoughts.
All of you agree that thoughts are evergrowing and they keep on coming unless one is asleep.
So, after a period of time, your mind will be dumped with an innumerable number of thoughts and you will get much perplexed and disturbed.
Now, most of these thoughts can be of no use at all. They are merely repetitions of our old memories which may make you feel either sad or pleasant depending upon their nature. Nothing more than that.
Or, most of them can be about your future perceptions and fears of survival. You can develop worries and anxieties by a mere thought of going to face a certain situation or a particular person. It can make you fearsome or much disturbed.
But, all these unnecessary fears and worries are wholly due to those thoughts in your mind only. Those are not real circumstances. It is only your imagination that such and such a thing happened in your past life or that something is going to happen in your future. It makes you worried and develops fear or disturbance in your life.
So, in order to be well balanced and cheerful, you need to drive away those unnecessary thoughts from your mind and keep it clean. You need to keep only those constructive thoughts which aid your life and discard all the other clutter from your mind.
Just like a fruit seller or a vegetable seller sorts out all rotten items from his stock and keeps only the fresh and useful ones for next day, we also need to sort out all those useless thoughts from our mind and keep in stock only the positive thoughts that are beneficial for our progress in life. Otherwise, the entire stock will decay and create much loss.
So, let us make our minds clutter-free and keep them healthy and pleasant to achieve success in life. Thereby, our body will also be healthy and strong.
Every person is born with the same energy and powers.
Do not look at the colors or forms. They are not important.
What matters is our own mind and soul. It is the same for each one of us.
We need to recognize this fact and drive away all the fears or feelings of inferiority and any doubts regarding our capability.
So, you can also perform equally all kinds of tasks as others. The only thing is that you need self-confidence and positive-thinking mentality.
Once you are positive-minded and confident in yourself, you can perform any task successfully. Any hindrances are temporary and you need to march bravely in your path to success.
You can do it. Once you master your own capacities and innate powers, nothing is impossible.
Can you define “Forgiveness”?
Once a little boy described Forgiveness as follows to his parents:
“It is the fruit that a tree gives you when you hit it with a stone”.
What a wonderful definition!
That boy’s reply explains the essence of it all in such a simple way. You can’t provide a better example or answer for it.
Forgiveness is to love a person in spite of his vile nature and weak points. It is offering love and care in spite of receiving pain or abuse from him.
It is just like a mother loving her child and the tree giving the fruit in spite of bad treatment.
There are many advantages and plus points of Forgiveness.
- Forgiveness provides you peace of mind. Otherwise, you will be always in tension as you get engaged in disturbing thoughts about the people around you. If you forgive the person, you can move on smoothly. Similarly, the forgiven person can also feel relaxed and get adjusted himself.
- Forgiveness can aid the person that gets forgiven to realize his mistakes and to repent for his vile acts. Thereby, he can build his moral character by reforming himself.
- Forgiveness reduces violence and tension. When you are not reacting violently to a wicked act, the doer of that act naturally gets cool and soft in his deeds and tries to wonder why his opponent is not attacking him. So, it gives him time to think and become soft. That way, violence gets reduced and he may correct himself and get his problem solved through mutual talk. It is just like Mahatma Gandhi offering his other cheek when slapped on one of his cheeks. Immediately the person refrains himself and comes to dialogue and mutual negotiation.
- And, there is this last one. God forgives you and likes you more when you forgive others.
Here are some wonderful tips for success in life drawn from Goutham Buddha’s teachings.
Gautham Buddha was a great spiritually enlightened soul. He meditated for many years under a pipal tree to find the purpose of life and the solutions for misery in life. He came out from that meditation after attaining some wonderful enlightenment to all those haunting problems of life.
He stressed the need for acquiring wisdom through listening to other seers and people around you. Each one is gifted with some wisdom or other. So, you can learn many things by listening to others.
After gathering some knowledge or information from others, you need to think about it again and again to digest the essence of it. Then only you can become acquainted with that subject.
Goutham Buddha further established that meditation and prayer are very helpful in gaining good knowledge as you will be directly in contact with nature and your mind during that process. Mental peace and utmost devotion are essential for gaining wisdom.
He further emphasized not losing Hope at any cost. You should be enduring and keep on trying the struggles of life never thinking of quitting.
There are many other points he highlighted through his teachings. But, I am selecting these six life building tips in the bulleted format.
- Before you express your feelings, Listen to others.
- Before you put in writing, Think over it.
- Before you preach, practice it.
- Before you quit in your endeavors, try again.
- Before you spend anything, you need to earn.
- Before you think of Death, try to Live.
We celebrated the 4th International Yoga Day yesterday. Many events were organized in different parts of the world to practice Yoga on this day. One gathering at Kota in Rajasthan registered a thumping participation of 105,000 people creating a Guinness record of performing yoga at a single platform in a single day.
But, Yoga is not for a simple display of events. It should be a part of your life. Regular performance of yoga or fitness exercise is good for one’s health.
You need not indulge in rigid formats of it. Choose some simple exercises for the movements and motion of your limbs and the complete body.
Some simple exercises are:
- Moving your neck left and right, and, up and down rhythmically.
- Stretching your arms sideways and up and down just like it used to be taught in primary schools.
- Jumping while stretching the arms is also good.
- Bending your body without bending your legs and touching the tips of your feet. This can be done both front and to your sideways also. When bending towards the front, you will keep your legs in attention position. When doing it sideways, you shall keep your legs in the stand-at-ease position.
- If you can do it, you can try to bend towards your back also. But is very hard and risky. So, I do not advise it.
- Lay on your stomach and lift your head forward along with your entire body, balancing your weight on your hands and toes. You will stretch forward slowly and bring your front portion up keeping the backside lower. Then again, slowly bring back your back body up keeping your front portion lower. You will not be touching the floor except with your hands and toes while doing the entire process.
The above are some of those simple exercises for your body to keep yourself fit always. Do each exercise for 5 times before proceeding to the next one.
Wish you all a Healthy Life.