We celebrated the 4th International Yoga Day yesterday. Many events were organized in different parts of the world to practice Yoga on this day. One gathering at Kota in Rajasthan registered a thumping participation of 105,000 people creating a Guinness record of performing yoga at a single platform in a single day.
But, Yoga is not for a simple display of events. It should be a part of your life. Regular performance of yoga or fitness exercise is good for one’s health.
You need not indulge in rigid formats of it. Choose some simple exercises for the movements and motion of your limbs and the complete body.
Some simple exercises are:
- Moving your neck left and right, and, up and down rhythmically.
- Stretching your arms sideways and up and down just like it used to be taught in primary schools.
- Jumping while stretching the arms is also good.
- Bending your body without bending your legs and touching the tips of your feet. This can be done both front and to your sideways also. When bending towards the front, you will keep your legs in attention position. When doing it sideways, you shall keep your legs in the stand-at-ease position.
- If you can do it, you can try to bend towards your back also. But is very hard and risky. So, I do not advise it.
- Lay on your stomach and lift your head forward along with your entire body, balancing your weight on your hands and toes. You will stretch forward slowly and bring your front portion up keeping the backside lower. Then again, slowly bring back your back body up keeping your front portion lower. You will not be touching the floor except with your hands and toes while doing the entire process.
The above are some of those simple exercises for your body to keep yourself fit always. Do each exercise for 5 times before proceeding to the next one.
Wish you all a Healthy Life.